Credit to the author Go Silent Disco
Aside from silent party, there are other interesting applications where wireless headphones could be used. One of those, is hosting conferences or presentations. This alternative approach makes it more engaging and creative. Setting up the system is easy and can be operated by anyone. You just need to understand, prepare, and set up the equipment to make sure everything works and minimize problems. Here are some useful tips and information that will help you make your silent conference a success:
1. Deciding on what microphone to use in the event
- Both wired and wireless microphones can be used as long as they are connected to any audio board. The only difference is that the wireless microphone has its own transmitter. Its transmitter will then be connected to the audio board and the audio board to the wireless headphones’ transmitter.
2. Connecting more than 1 device to the transmitter at the same time
- If you’re planning to use a laptop (for background music or sound effects) and microphone at the same time for your presentation, just plug these devices to the audio board and the audio board to the transmitter.
3. Knowing the type of cable to use
- Anything from RCA-RCA or XLR-RCA will work. It will depend upon what type of connection is required for the specific source in use.
4. Knowing the type of transmitter to use
- There are 3 types of transmitters and these are single channel, 2 channel, and 3 channel. The single channel is the only transmitter that works for a silent conference.
5. Knowing the limitation
* The amount of headphones that can be used are unlimited! Instead, range is the limiting factor. The transmitter covers about 600 feet radius. However many people you can fit into that area will dictate the amount of participants.